Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Why you shouldn’t buy it (CNET Top 5)

If you’re looking for reasons to hang on to your old phone, you’re at the right place.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Why you should buy it (CNET Top 5) – https://youtu.be/9slCM0HUOiY

Galaxy Note 9 ongoing review: The good and bad so far: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-note-9-preview/

Subscribe to CNET: https://www.youtube.com/user/cnettv
Check out our playlists: https://www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV/playlists
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

41 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Why you shouldn’t buy it (CNET Top 5)

• August 13, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Talking about storage, if that's really important to you, just buy a cheaper phone and a 400 gb or 500 gb sd card. Yes, these are available for sale right now, in case you didn't know.

• August 13, 2018 at 7:09 pm

To 5 Reasons To Not Watch CNET.

1. They don't know what they are talking about and are obviously producing a video just to get on the click bandwagon.

2. Their reviews are incredibly shallow and don't make any sense. There are a multitude of new features on the Note 9 that aren't present on the Note 8. To say they are the same is disingenuous and similar to starting that the 2018 BMW M6 is the same as the 2019 BMW M6 even though there are almost 100 differences. If course they will be similar… What a stupid thing to say.

3. Everything they say applies to Apple and several other top of the line phones. Similar design, minor upgrades, price, etc. There's always a new phone coming. This guy must still use a Motorola Startac.

4. They seem to hire their reviewers based solely on diversity and not merit. He literally stated that both phones having IP68 certification and expandable memory was a reason to not upgrade.

5. They are dishonest and obviously Apple fans, which is fine but they should state that in the video. "I'm an Apple fan and have never used a Note phone but here's my thoughts."

• August 13, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Bixby is so useful I use it daily from take screenshot answering call and custom command , it's better than shit siri and u can disable it and you have google assistance at well 2 pow er full assistance, are u even ok ? Instead one u have 2 you are so dumb with your vedio.

• August 13, 2018 at 8:00 pm

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. That number 1 reason doesn't make sense to me. There will always be phones in the future (meaning the next 6 months) that are (logically} expected to be better in some aspect. As a Note person I'll buy the Note 9 now and then buy the Note 11 2 years later.

• August 13, 2018 at 8:29 pm

I don’t like having to wait for updates. Their pricing doesn’t merit that. Their customers deserve a “Top-Tier” user experience. Apple barely gives that; but they do a better job than anyone else. Samsung makes a wonderful selection of devices. They do innovate. My S6 Active is still running 7.0. Really? BS.

• August 13, 2018 at 8:39 pm

The point about price – that I can agree to.
    Rest is pure clickbait BS.

• August 13, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Because you are an idiot!

• August 13, 2018 at 9:28 pm

If you go back to last year, the same top reasons not to buy this were the same as last year…which means..no progress

• August 13, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Every time a phone comes out nay sayers say wait until the next one.

• August 13, 2018 at 9:58 pm

I am going to start buying phones from the previous year at cheaper prices

• August 13, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Guaranteed these people are sponsored by iPhone still getting note 9 for phone and I’m a fortnite player

• August 13, 2018 at 10:24 pm

I already ordered mine, I opted for the phone upgrade plan. I will get a new Samsung phone when it's released.

• August 13, 2018 at 10:46 pm

This channel has really gone downhill. No wonder people are unfollowing.

• August 13, 2018 at 11:02 pm

My top 1 reason. Cant afford to spare that much.

• August 13, 2018 at 11:04 pm

Updates are overrated. They usually sloww old phones.

• August 13, 2018 at 11:11 pm

I got a note8 when it came out and I'm waiting for the Note 10 now

• August 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm

iphone is overrated by people who pretend it's the benchmark. The reality is iphone is not the pioneer anymore. It's embarassing when even other smaller brands have better tech!!

• August 13, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Shouldn't this be called 5 reason not to buy a galaxy if all of them have slow updates? And the s10 will have the same boring design with minor upgrades(Indisplay fingerprint sensor and maybe a bigger battery. Oh and of course less bezel from last year.) 😴

• August 14, 2018 at 12:10 am

Price ?
    and then people can not buy any new samsung phone forever . lol

• August 14, 2018 at 12:14 am

Really, I can't believe you IYAZ, CNET criticizing the best of the best phone right now? Don't make sense to me. Huge battery, 512 GB, Amoled perfect screen without the notch, the price is high, but you can't find a 512 GB phone for this price. Additionally, the note is for a different public than S10 or the foldable phone, remember the pen with remote capabilities. For me is a beautiful phone with all the capabilities that the people need. Google OS is different than IOS, and the updates are not available at the same time for all the phones, but this is a general Android issue, not a reason to not buy the galaxy note 9. In the real world, my only issues are the investment in Apple App store vs the Google App store (I have a lot of Apple Store Apps), iOS is a very easy and stable OS, and the final reason is that I can't play Itunes movies on Android phones, I love the Itunes movie store.

• August 14, 2018 at 12:16 am

cant decide between the 128gb or 512, will i even get to close to 512 of gigs before my note 9 battery takes a dump

• August 14, 2018 at 12:19 am

If a customer considers buying any smartphone right now decide to wait based on future tech promises as 5G, better RAM, faster processors, foldable screens, etc., probably didn't buy anything for years, every year comes with technological advances. My recommendations are to buy the Phone based on current capabilities vs. other phones, take advantage of the discounts, and buy based on your wallet and needs.

• August 14, 2018 at 12:35 am

Hey bro .. pls for god's sake leave this phone review and go to study
    U have no idea about note 9 and u r a apple boy
    Pls pls join clz or University

• August 14, 2018 at 12:54 am

#5 iphone 8= iphone 7 . #4. Just ignore the button #3. Iphone x is also expensive #2. Agree , but samsung has many features before google releases it to their android versions #1. If you like the S pen , you may not want the S series

• August 14, 2018 at 1:25 am

I'm holding off til the note 10 because it is not different enough from the note 8 to warrant me buying out my contract

• August 14, 2018 at 1:33 am

The coverphoto for this video makes it look like Iyaz has a pink lightsaber.

• August 14, 2018 at 2:46 am

i only have a samsung note 3 so….im buying the Note 9. i cant agree with you -_-

• August 14, 2018 at 2:50 am

I dont buy flagship phones anymore ridiculous price