Why you should be using a VPN

If you’re going to go online, better safe than sorry, right?

Subscribe to CNET: https://www.youtube.com/user/cnettv
Check out our playlists: https://www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV/playlists
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

48 thoughts on “Why you should be using a VPN

• August 20, 2018 at 10:15 am

What’s a good VPN to use in Australia?

• August 20, 2018 at 10:16 am

NORD VPN is a good choice. They do not keep logs.

• August 20, 2018 at 10:16 am

0:27 that's complete nonsense to say that search engines can't see what you're looking for just because of a VPN. The search engine is the one that receives the search query and acts upon it and gives you the results and they know "who's asking" if you're logged in and/or have cookies. Your network provider can't see what you're looking for or any network sniffer, but the search engine has to be able to see it. That's how they work.

• August 20, 2018 at 10:24 am

How cool! Maybe it will help me get cheaper plane Tix worldwide! ☺️💰💰💰

• August 20, 2018 at 10:29 am

I use a vpn to torrent , I downloaded the movie drumline and got a letter from my isp

• August 20, 2018 at 10:45 am

Vpn slow down your network speed i found . Not good for streaming

• August 20, 2018 at 11:16 am

hey guys, can you help me out? what’s a good vpn to use for an iphone? i use my school network a lot but i can’t access social media apps. what’s a good vpn for that?

• August 20, 2018 at 11:33 am

So this is just switching from many spying eyes to one spying eye (vpn).

• August 20, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Why would you hide your ass, unless you’re up to illegal activity?

• August 20, 2018 at 12:11 pm

At my school I was doing this but then everyone did and the school found a way to block it anyone know if I can by pass this?

• August 20, 2018 at 12:11 pm

most vpns servers log some data that can get traced back to you if needed by police etc…

• August 20, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Which VPN works for Japan's Hulu or Netflix? I have no luck so far…

• August 20, 2018 at 12:38 pm

One drawback with VPN, is you cannot access LYFT, UBER, Hail A Cab, and other rideshare transportation sites away from your usual WiFi network. At least that's the situation with Norton Mobile Security VPN using a Samsung Galaxy J7. My cell provider has not recommended a workaround for this, other than dropping the Norton VPN Security APP, that is a yearly subscription. 🙁

• August 20, 2018 at 12:53 pm

And then the VPN and their ISP sees what you do. Meh.

• August 20, 2018 at 12:57 pm

If isp don't have your browsing data the VPN services have it now and they will sell it gladly…. Why do you think there are free VPN services ?? Ever read the user agreements? Lol 😂😂 😂

• August 20, 2018 at 1:48 pm

I've had Nord VPN for one year. Really slows your network speed. And half the websites I go to are not accessible when using a VPN. Amazon is a good example. I do use it a lot when I'm overseas.

• August 20, 2018 at 2:22 pm

#1 isn't true, your ISP sees all traffic while the data might be encrypted the IP addresses are not to the ISP. Even the encryption can be defeated especially when using their equipment. The companies selling VPNs mislead and embellish.

Further streaming companies are simply blocking in increasing numbers all VPNs. An ISP can simply do the same and throttle or black VPN streaming.

• August 20, 2018 at 3:45 pm

VPNs are pretty much pointless for privacy if you still use social media accounts. The only reason why Youtubers make it seem VPNs or creating your own website look like it has changed their lives is because of that sweet s w e e t ad revenue. No one really needs a VPN or their own website. So don’t forget to sign up for Tunnel Bear and Wix today and use our special offer code PLEASEUSETHISCODESOIGETPAID 🙂

• August 20, 2018 at 3:58 pm

I don't have Spotify service in my country and I really like Spotify. Can I USE VPN to create an account and stream it smoothly? Pls guide me, you're my only hope.

• August 20, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Use the disconnect app. Was developed by a guy who used to work for the NSA I believe.

• August 20, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I heard about Tunnel Bear from Mr. Mobile sounds legit

• August 20, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Unless your VPN is supplied by your ISP as in Verizon!

• August 20, 2018 at 5:54 pm

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to use a service to protect yourself from your own ISP and government.

• August 20, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Here is a tip Cnet. You are making a video, a VIDEO!! Put someone presentable in front of the camera.